Criteria & Competition Rules for the CIAAS 2019 Awards.
Note: Send your application of travel award and early career researcher award to ChinaIndiaAAS@yeah.net and cc to the award committee chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best Student Poster Award
- The lead author student must be present for the Poster Session throughout the Section’s Poster Viewing/Interactive Forum. If won, the Best Student Poster award will be awarded only to the presenting author.
- Posters should be prepared according to CIAAS Presenter Guide for Posters.
- The criteria for evaluating poster presentations are
- Scientific quality and novelty
- Poster design
- Ability of student presenter to answer questions
- Results will be announced during the Closing Ceremony of the Annual Meeting.
- Each winner will have a Best Student Poster Award Certificate, signed by CIAAS President, cash reward ($100-200) and a complimentary registration to attend CIAAS Annual Meeting in the following year.
CIAAS Student Travel Award
- A limited number of student travel grants are available ($300-500 cash).
- Applications must be received by Feb. 1, 2019.
- Applicants must volunteer as student assistants.
- Decisions will be made by March 1, 2019.
- Applicants must be an author or co-author on an accepted abstract to be eligible.
- Applicant must be an undergraduate or graduate student at the time of the conference. Preference is given to Ph.D. students.
- Preference is also given to students who must travel the furthest and those planning to attend the conference for multiple days.
- Awardees are required to act as student assistants to help in the conduct of the conference.
CIAAS Early Career Researcher Award
- This award is to recognize young scholars who have outstanding contributions to the field of atmospheric sciences. The qualified candidate should be no more than 7 years after successfully passing doctoral level degree.
- The award winner will:
- Receive a certificate, signed by CIAAS President
- Be allowed a two-minute acceptance speech following the receipt of the certificate
- Deliver an evening lecture during the CIAAS Annual Meeting
- Be entitled to complimentary registration to attend three consecutive CIAAS Annual Meetings, starting with the award year and two following years.
- Application requirements:
- A nomination letter: this should demonstrate the nominee’s outstanding contributions to the field of atmospheric sciences and must be 2 pages or less in length.
- A list of selected publications: this list must be no longer than 2 pages and describe the major publications of the nominee, and must include the published papers that best support the argument for the early career award.
- Curriculum Vitae: this must be approximately 2 pages of length and include the nominee’s degrees, employment, honors, memberships, and service to the scientific community.
- Three supporting reference letters
- Complete nominations should be sent by email, with the documents in pdf format as attachments, for the attention of the Award Committee.